Hey, Good Friday holiday to you!
Here’s a pasta salad recipe that you can indulge in during your march to getting flat abs! The secret is to use a vegetable peeler to turn zucchini into long pasta-like strands.
This recipe is filled with fiber and is the perfect side to a lean chicken breast.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Chill Time: 20 minutes
3 organic zucchini
1/2 cup organic cherry tomatoes, quartered
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
juice from 1/2 a lemon
1 teaspoon dried basil
dash of salt and pepper
- Trim the zucchini ends. Peel down the length of each zucchini until you reach the seeded center, creating long, noodle strands.
- Place the noodles in a medium bowl, add the quartered cherry tomatoes.
- In a small bowl combine the oil, garlic, lemon juice, dried basil, salt and pepper. Pour over the noodles and mix to combine.
- Chill for at least 20 minutes in the fridge.
- *Optional, garnish with drops of balsamic vinegar glaze before serving.
Nutritional Facts per serving: 92 calories, 7g fat, 68mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 2g protein